LEMON AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
Birthdays are always very special and especially for Moms if its their kiddoos b’day.
For my football crazy son I decided to make this football cake. With a lot of efforts it came out nice and the happiness and surprise on his face was my reward. What else can a mother want other than their children’s happiness.
So lets start making the yummy delicious Lemon and Blueberry flavored cake by having a look at the ingredients.
(In the below mentioned recipe I got this football cake and five cupcakes).
- 2.5cups-All purpose flour/maida
- 1/2 cup Cornflour
- 2 tsp-Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup-Water
- 1 cup-Melted butter or Oil
- 6 tbsp-Yogurt/curd+ 4tbsp water
- 2 tbsp-White vinegar (substitute is 2tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp- Baking soda
- 1tbsp- Lemon Zest
- 1 cup- Blueberries
- Just keep everything ready as you have to be quick enough to mix the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare the Pan by spraying or applying oil generously and dusting with flour.
- First sift the All purpose flour/maida, cornflour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Now take butter and melt it in a small pan or microwave.
- Just melt the butter, there is no need to heat it.
- When the butter is still warm, add the sugar to the melted butter.(If using oil just warm it a little bit).
- Stir and mix well. Keep aside.
- Now whisk the 6 tbsp yogurt + 4tbsp water till smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Then add the baking soda and stir.This mixture will be frothy n bubbly.
- Pour the butter+sugar mixture, 1cup water and the frothing yogurt+vinegar+baking soda into the sieved flour.
- Be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter. Do not over fold.
- Dust the blueberries with some flour. This way neither will they burst while baking nor sink down to the bottom of the batter.
- Mix the dusted blueberries to the batter. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in the mold.
- Shake and tap the sides of the tray so that air bubbles are released.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven in the center rack.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Once done let the pan stand at room temperature for 10-15minutes.
- Gently run a knife along the edges.
- Invert the pan on a plate or a wire rack.
- If you have greased n floured the pan well the cake will glide out smoothly.
- Let the cake cool down completely.
- When the cake is completely cool which will take approximately two hours, then we will start with the torting and filling.
- Next we have to torte/slice the cake.
- Apply sugar solution to the layers.
- Put filling.
- keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- Start decorating the cake.
- For markings I made two templates – Pentagon (5-sided)and Hexagon (6-sided).
- With Pink icing make the outline.
- For White part I used Wilton tip 18
- For Black I mixed Wilton Black Color and Cocoa powder(1 tbsp) and wilton tip 16
- For Grass mixed green color and used grass tip.
- How to make Sugar Solution and Buttercream check here Cake