PANEER ‘E’ ROLLS WITH SABZE BAHARA
Falling spoons, funny frowns, breads torn into pieces but never making their way to the mouth, curry falling at all the wrong places but never making its way to the mouth. I’m sure this reminds you of your dinner time scene WITH YOUR LITTLE ONES.
You spend a lot of time in making a healthy dish for your child and your heart thumps out of your mouth when all your efforts just end up in the trash can.
Empty curry bowls n clean plates of children bring a soul-satisfying relief to Mother.
But what if your child is a fussy eater, what if your child just doesn’t give in to any bribe?
No matter how much you try to bribe your child to eat that healthy curry bowl, all your efforts just go in vain.
Truth is, you can’t make children “unfussy”. No amount of commands, nagging, cajoling, telling-offs or bribes will do it. In fact, it has the opposite effect. The more you say, the more you show you care, the more you give them something to react against. It’s an open invitation to battle.
My son who has entered his teens was also the same kind, but my tactic was simply to keep presenting him with a wide variety of meals and foods. Just give a twist to your usual food and your child will get attracted to this new twist and will start eating this twist just out of curiosity.
Today, I’m going to share with you my Twisty Palak Paneer.
And yes the most IMPORTANT THING- Nomenclature is very important. Give your twisted dish a NEW EXOTIC NAME and see the twinkle it brings in your child’s eyes.
So presenting Palak Paneer as Paneer’e’ Rolls in Sabze Bahara.
This is basically Paneer Bhurjee stuffed Rolls served with Spinach curry.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS DISH
- Kids friendly
- Super HealthyEasy and Quick to make
- High in Proteins, Iron, Vitamins and Minerals.
- Can be served as both-Appetizer or Main course.
For PANEER BHURJEE
- Onions- 2 finely chopped
- Crushed cottage cheese/paneer- 2 ½cup
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Tomato paste- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chapatis OR Parantha OR Tortilla Wraps-6
For SABZE BAHAR
- Spinach- 3 bunches
- Clarified butter/ Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Tomato Paste/puree- 2 tbsp
- Curd/yogurt- 2tbsp (whisked)
- Cumin seeds/Jeera- 1tsp
- Ginger powder- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Red Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lets start with Bhurjee first-
- In a pan put oil.
- Add chopped Onions. Sauté well.
- When onions become translucent add Tomato Paste and all the masalas.
- Mix well.
- Cover with a lid.
- Let it cook on simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- After that switch off the gas.
- Paneer Bhurjee is ready
- Let it cool a little bit.
- Take a chapati, parantha or tortilla wrap.
- Put the filling of bhurjee in the centre of it.
- Fold in all the edges to make a pocket or wrap.
- Grill in your Grill maker till the brown marks appear.
- Paneer’e’Rolls are ready.
Now, lets make Sabze Bahar-
- Trim off the stem part of the spinach leaves if its too thick.
- Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves.
- Its necessary to thoroughly wash them and clear off all the dirt.
- In a big pot put all the spinach to be boiled.
- Just add a little bit of water, ½ cup will be enough.
- Keep the pot for boiling. It’ll ten minutes for leaves to wilt. We don’t have to over boil the spinach leaves.
- Just keep in mind not to cover the pan while boiling them. This is to retain the green color.
- Switch off the stove.
- Let it cool and come to room temperature.
- Next blend the leaves with the help of a hand blender or mixer to a smooth puree.
- In a separate pan put Ghee.
- Add cumin seeds. When they start spluttering add ginger powder and hing.
- After that add tomato paste and sauté well.
- Next add whisked yogurt and all the masalas and give it a good mix.
- In the end add spinach puree and salt.
- Cook it further on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Your sabze bahara is ready.
- To serve Fill a small beautiful glass or bowl with Spinach curry and serve the wrap on side.
- Do not forget to share your kids’ smile and empty plate with me 😃😄