MOONG DAAL CHEELAS/ LENTIL CREPES
Moong dal cheela or Lentil Crepes is made with split yellow Moong lentil. It is a very easy and quick dish to prepare. It is made like dosa but is easier than dosa as It does not require fermentation.
This makes a great healthy breakfast or anytime snack.
It is usually served with Coriander chutney,pickles,Tomato chutney or curd.
For variations it could be prepared with the combination of vegetables or with any stuffing.
I tried to gave a new avatar to Cheelas by making a puree of the vegetables and adding it to the batter. I added Spinach to make Green Batter and Beetroot to make Red batter.
Making cheela with moong dal is a delicious way to include protein in your diet and adding vegetables to it makes it more healthy.
I am sure everyone will love to eat this nutritious and tasty hot served dish.
Easy peasy to make.
But High on taste n health😋💪
- Split yellow Moong Dal- 1 cup
- Ginger- 2″pc
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Green chillies- 2
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder- 1teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder- 1teaspoon
- Chaat Masala powder- 1teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1teaspoon
- Spinach Leaves- 4-5
- Dill Leaves- 2 sprigs (Optional)
- Beetroot- 2-3 slices
- Soak moong dal in four cups of water for about an hour.
- Drain and grind with ginger, green chillies and all the masalas to a smooth batter.(Except Spinach,dill leaves and Beetroot).
- Divide the batter equally in three portions.
- To one portion add green leaves and grind till the leaves are blended well.
In the same way add beetroot to the third part and grind to a smooth batter.
- Heat a non stick Tawa or Pan and grease it.
- Spread a ladle full of batter to a thin disc.
- Drizzle a little oil and cook on medium heat. Cover the pan with a lid.
- After 3-4 minutes, check the underside. If it has become golden brown Carefully flip it over, drizzle a little oil on the other side too and cook till the other side is done too.
- Enjoy these crispy hot yummy Cheelas with your choice of chutney or else you can stuff them with Paneer Bhurjee
- Don’t forget to sip Masala Teawith these cheelas.