RAINBOW BUNDT CAKE
Baking is such a joy. Every time I bake something and the results are up to my expectations my joy has no bounds. I feel on cloud 9.
I baked this beautiful Rainbow Bundt Cake for my Hubby’s B’Day. A simple vanilla flavored cake in bundt pan.
Need not to say just a look brought a bright wide smile on his face.
The colors, the layers, the texture, the ganache everything came out so well and so perfect,I think I need a pat on my back.
A Bundt cake is a cake that is baked in a Bundt pan, shaping it into a distinctive ring shape. As such theres no specific or particular recipe for a Bundt cakes ; however their characterizing feature is their shape. A Bundt pan generally has fluted or grooved sides, but its most defining design element is the central tube or “chimney” which leaves a cylindrical hole through the center of the cake. The design means that more of the mixture touches the surface of the pan than in a simple round pan, helping to provide faster and more even heat distribution during cooking.
- 3 cups-All purpose flour/maida
- 2 tsp-Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup-Water
- 1 cup-Melted butter or Oil
- 1.5 cup-Sugar
- 6 tbsp-Yogurt/curd+ 2tbsp water
- 2 tbsp-White vinegar (substitute is 1 tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp- Baking soda
- 2 tsp-Vanilla essence
- Few drops of colors of your choice
- (Pouring Consistency)
- Chocolate 250 gms
- Whipping cream 100ml
- Butter 1tbsp
- Just keep everything ready as you have to be quick enough to mix the batter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare the Bundt Pan by spraying or applying oil generously and dusting with flour.
- First sift the all purpose flour/maida with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Now take butter and melt it in a small pan or microwave.
- Just melt the butter, there is no need to heat it.
- When the butter is still warm, add the sugar to the melted butter.
- (If using oil just warm it a little bit).
- Stir and mix well. Keep aside.
- Now whisk the 6 tbsp yogurt + 2 tbsp water till smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Then add the baking soda and stir.This mixture will be frothy n bubbly.
- Pour the butter+sugar mixture, 1cup water and the frothing yogurt+vinegar+baking soda into the sieved flour.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter. Do not over fold.
- I wanted a Rainbow Cake so divided the batter in 6 parts and added few drops of each color to the batter.
- Violet(Mixed Red & Blue in the ratio of 2:1)
- Pour the batter one by one in the bundt pan till 3/4th.
- Start with Red colored batter followed by Orange then Yellow,Green,Blue and in the last Voilet.
- Shake and tap the sides of the tray so that air bubbles are released.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven in the center rack.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Once done let the pan stand at room temperature for 10-15minutes.Gently run a knife along the edges. Don’t forget to run the knife in the centre of the pan
- Invert the pan on a plate or a wire rack.
- If you have greased n floured the pan well the cake will glide out smoothly.
- Enjoy it as it is or can pour some ganache.
- I’ve poured some white chocolate ganache over it.
- In a bowl break the pieces of chocolate n melt in Microwave for 20-30 secs.
- In a separate bowl warm butter and cream together for 30-40 secs. Just warm it and not boil it.
- Mix together melted chocolate n cream butter mix.
- Pour it over the cake.
- Garnish the cake with colorful sprinkles and some fruits.