RED VELVET CUPCAKES
Smooth, soft,velvety and RED colored tiny bombs of pleasure❤️❤️
Perfect words to describe these red beauties.Red is the colour of love,maybe that is the reason these are one of the most loved flavour worldwide.
The moist cupcakes with tangy and sweet cream cheese frosting can make any body’s taste buds go on a joy ride.
I always used to shy away from trying them as there are too many expectations to make them just right and also this recipe demands too much red color. But finally gave in to my inhibitions to try them out, and I am so happy with the outcome.
Highlights of these cuppies are:
- Super soft
- Easy and quick to make
- 1.5 Cups Cake Flour (Take 1.5 cups All purpose flour and remove 3tbsp All purpose flour and add 3tbsp Cornflour)
- 1 tsp-Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup-Melted Butter or Oil
- 3 tbsp-Yogurt/curd + 2tbsp water
- 1 tbsp-Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (substitute is 1 tbsp lime juice)
- ½ tsp- Baking soda
- 1 tsp-Vanilla essence
- ½ cup-Water
- 1Tsp No Taste Red Food Color(WILTON)
- ½ Tsp X-Mass Red color(WILTON)
- Just keep everything ready as you have to be quick enough to mix the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare a Muffin tray lined with cupcake liners.
- First sift the All purpose flour/Maida, Cornflour, Cocoa powder with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Now take butter and melt it in a small pan or microwave.
- Just melt the butter. no need to heat it.
- When the butter is still warm, add the sugar to the melted butter.
- Stir and mix well. Keep aside.
- (If using oil just warm it a little bit.)
- Now whisk the 3 tbsp yogurt + 2tbsp water till smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Then add the baking soda and stir.This mixture will be frothy n bubbly.
- Pour the butter+sugar mixture, ½ cup water and the frothing yogurt+vinegar+baking soda into the sieved flours.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter. You can mix the batter with the help of a spatula or can use a stand mixer.
- Add the colors.
- Do not do over folding or over mixing.
- Spoon the batter in cupcake liners till ¾th of the liners.
- Shake and tap the sides of the tray so that air bubbles are released.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven in the center rack.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted in the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Once done let the cupcakes stand at room temperature for 7-8 minutes.
- Then gently remove cupcakes on a wired tray or rack.
- Let them cool completely.
REAM CHEESE FROSTING
This recipe will give you Velvety Smooth and Silky frosting.
- 3.5 Cups- Icing Sugar
- 80grams- Butter
- 40grams- Cream Cheese
- ½ Tbsp- Lemon Juice
- I was unable to find Cream Cheese blocks so used the spreadable one.
- If you are using Block Cream Cheese then ratio of butter: cream cheese will be equal.( for 3.5 cups of icing sugar add 75 grams of butter and 75grams of cream cheese each).
- Sift the icing sugar.
- Start by beating/whipping Butter with the help of stand mixer (paddle attachment) or hand mixer.
- Gradually start adding icing sugar.
- Next add cream cheese.
- Repeat till you get a smooth well mixed cream.
- Add Lemon juice.
- Mix well.
There are few important points which should be taken care of while making perfect Buttercream.
1. Butter and cream cheese should be at room temperature. Take them out of the fridge 2-3 hrs before from when you are planning to make your buttercream.
Never ever use cold butter. As it’ll lead to grainy n lumpy frosting.
Never ever bring your butter to room temperature by microwaving it or heating it. Because this will lead to watery frosting.
2. Sift the Icing Sugar before adding it to the butter.
Fill this Frosting in a piping bag attached with a nozzle and make swirls,stars,blobs or whatever you like.
This frosting just take these velvety cuppies to another level.
You have to make them to experience them.